Celebrating the moment you said ‘Yes’ with your nearest and dearest sounds like a no brainer, but there are plenty of reasons you should or shouldn’t have an engagement party. They are completely optional so there is no pressure either way, but if you are unsure of what to do, these are the most common reasons people decide to ‘party or pass’.
Reasons to have an Engagement Party:
- You are having a long engagement – If you aren’t getting married for a couple of years or more it can be a good idea to have a party to get the celebrations started.
- You’re getting married abroad – If you aren’t saying ‘I Do’ at home the chances are all of your friends and family won’t be able to make it. If you have an engagement party it gives everyone a chance to celebrate with you.
- You love planning parties – If you get super excited at the thought of planning events, there’s no better time than the actual wedding day itself.
- You want your respective friends and families to get to know each other – If you and your fiancee’s friends and family have never met, an engagement party is a great way to get everyone acquainted.
Reasons to Pass on an Engagement Party:
- You are having a short engagement – If you are getting married in a few months there might not be any point in having an engagement party.
- You want to save for the wedding – If you are looking to spend a good amount on a wedding, a honeymoon, and possibly a new house, is the added expense of an engagement party really worth it?
- You aren’t excited by the idea – If it seems like more trouble than its worth, then the answer is definitely pass. If you aren’t having the party for you and your fiancee there’s no need to have it at all.
- You don’t have time – Wedding planning can be stressful enough as it is, and if you just don’t have the time to fit an engagement party in then just don’t have one.
Here at Marry Me Ireland we have a wide variety of exceptional celebrants who can deliver the wedding ceremony of your dreams – traditional, unique or otherwise. So get in touch today and we can start planning your special day!